SonomaWORKS - Working Toward a Better Future
Jump to: Housing | Treatment and Counseling | Parenting | Food and Health | Utilities and Bills
- Sonoma County 211 (Information &
Referral Services) - Search for a wide range of local services, including alcohol, tobacco or drug services, clothing, mental health, disability services, employment services, educational services, food and shelter, legal services and more.
Section 8 Program- Provides rental assistance to very low-income families and individuals to enable them to rent decent, safe and affordable housing in Sonoma County, excluding Santa Rosa.
Treatment and Counseling
Child Support Services - Link to the Sonoma County Department of Child Support Services which helps individuals establish and enforce child support.
California Parenting Institute - The California Parenting Institute, located in Santa Rosa, offers a range of services for Moms & Dads of newborns through teens, including: low-cost classes and workshops, support groups, in-home visits, parent support advice line, and many other programs.
Food and Health
- USDA Summer Food Program - Online map locates summer meals for near you fpr children and teens 18 years and younger at many locations near you.
County CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps) - Apply for CalFresh benefits, and if you qualify, receive help buying food. Check your balance on your EBT card, and also see answers to many commonly asked questions.
WIC Sonoma County - Support for mothers and their young children with health referrals, information, and checks for healthy food.
- Benefits CalWIN - apply for Medi-Cal and/or CalFresh (formerly called the Food Stamps Program) online and from the privacy of your own home. BCW is available 24/7, so you can apply when you want to!
EBT-ATM-POS-Locations- Link to the California Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) website, where you can search for stores and ATMs that accept EBT cards. For more information on EBT cards and benefits, please visit the Electronic Benefit Transfer Project home page.
Utilities and Bills
- The PG&E CARE Program- provides discounts on energy bills for income-qualified households.
- Comcast Internet Essentials- Comcast provides discount internet access, low cost computers and free training for those who qualify. Call 1-855-846-8376 or visit the website.
California Low Cost Automobile Insurance Program (CLCA) - California Law requires that all drivers be insured. However, too many low-income drivers remain uninsured because the costs of standard insurance premiums are beyond their financial reach. The California Low Cost Automobile Program provides affordable liability only auto insurance that meets the state's financial responsibility laws.